Sunday, September 28, 2008

Big Rig Problem


Big Rigs
Originally uploaded by mts83
You will, every once and a while, see a “random” post that just doesn’t make any sense, especially in light of what my blog is about. The elderly, our parents, or whomever, that we are now an address with.

My profile alerted you to my owning a Big Rig, that I don’t drive it, have a wonderful driver, but it does give me its share of grief, and I’m never amazed by the two cents my Dad will throw in, especially because owning a Big Rig and being a woman do not go hand in hand.

She broke down last weekened, with the ultimate problem (this time) being the #5 Injector. $710 later, and a couple of hours, she was “on the road again,” only to literally break down Monday night south of Santa Barbara. Add in a $1,056 tow bill, it was determined that the #5 Injector that was put in on Saturday was B-A-D, and was replaced, “free of charge” to me, except for the $1,000+ in towing fees. My mechanic is going back to the vendor, in this case Freightliner (or so I’m told) to have his part replaced for free (something to do with a warranty...you think so? After 2 days...), and I need your advice.

Should my mechanic also get the Freightliner folks to reimburse me the $1,056 towing fee, or do you think the mechanic did something wrong, and is just blaming the Freightliner part? Of course upon hearing the #5 Injector went out, Dad pipes in with, “they don’t cost more than $100,” but he thought the injector was for my Kia, not my Big Rig (listen up, Dad...).

Please share your thoughts, suggestions and ideas on how I might be able to recoup that money. With diesel fuel what it is, and getting 6 miles to the gallon, do I really also need a $1,000+ tow bill when it wasn’t anything that either myself, my driver or the rig actually did?

I’m listening and thanks in advance to all for putting thought into this for me!

No comments: